20,000 Watt Diesel Generator | OPEN
Aurora Perkins Engine Powered Diesel Generator
- Can be operated full or part-time
- 120/240 Volt Single Phase 60 Hz.
- Optional 3 Phase 208 and 480 Volt
- Guaranteed to outlast all traditional generators.
- Safer, Cleaner, Quieter, Longer Lasting, Fuel Efficient
- Produces Less Noise and Requires Less Maintenance than Propane, Natural Gas or Gasoline Generators.
- American Built Engines
- Download Product Brochure
While smaller generators can power your most essential items during an outage, this size generator can backup your entire home. It runs very clean, quiet and last an incredibly long time. Since it is powered by a Perkins engine, it can run for up to three weeks without needing an oil change. The longer run time diesel standby generators like this one provide makes them ideal for backup power.
Traditional generators are not able to run full time. They often require an oil change every 100 hours. This generator can operate up to 500 hours before it needs service. The next time the power fails, you can continue living normally and enjoy all the comforts of your home.
This 20,000 watts whole home generator uses a four-cylinder engine that works in perfect balance. Four strokes, four cylinders, this type of engine design results in lower vibrations, steady, consistent power and efficiency. ; Our Perkins engines provide a super long life and incredible durability. Automatic start controller, direct drive alternator, built-in fuel tank, and advanced Genset controllers are used. We build using only stainless steel hardware, and we build them to outlast all other comparable generators. Aurora generators are so strong we even offer double the warranty of any other brand generator.
This generator is available with the canopy enclosure. The difference is the protection it provides and the lower noise level.
- Powder coated steel base frame. (accepts sub up wiring for easy installation)
- Assembled using only stainless steel fasteners
- Engine and Alternator installed vibration isolators
- Perkins 4-Cylinder Diesel Engine
- Heavy Duty Starter Battery
- Automatic voltage regulator with brushless and maintenance free alternator
- Radiator Coolant Level Sensor and additional engine temperature sending until. Oil pressure switch included - Oil Pressure sending unit optional add-on
- DynaGen advanced generator controller. Provides complete monitoring and control with manual or automatic starting including simple two-wire systems
- Silenced exhaust system
- Main Breaker with terminal lugs for direct hook-up
- 120 and 240 Volt receptacles for standalone operation
- Internal Fuel Tank with level sensors
- EZ Oil Drain Valve
20 kW | 20 kVA Standby Generator
240 Volt - 80 Amps
120 Volt - 160 Amps
|Sound Level||73 dB @ 23 Feet|
|Dimensions L x W x H||57" x 33" x 39"|
|Engine||Made in the USA|
|Approvals||CSA SPE-1000 / EPA|
Generator Controller - Features & Functions
For clear generator instrumentation, protection and control, this generator uses a DynaGen TG350 Controller.
Controller Main Features
- Designed for Extreme Shock and Vibration
- Easy to use front panel buttons
- Manual or Automatic Starting
- Exerciser Clock
- Maintenance Counter
- Passcode Protected
- Automatic shutdowns and warnings
- Pre-heat and post-heat timers
- 150 Event Log
- Fuel level display and alarm
- Voltage display and alarm
- Simple two-wire auto start - Easily connect to remote start using a transfer switch, off-grid power inverters, controllers or remote starters
- Auto start on low battery and/or other sensors
- Front panel trim feature for sensor adjustments
- 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Load Monitoring (TG410 Model Only)
There are two versions of this controller. The TG350 is included. The TG410 is an optional upgrade. With the TG410, current sensors can be used to monitor generator loads/power consumption. One other feature is the "Can Bus" port. Like a vehicles ODBII connector, it lets you communicate with the generator for remote monitoring and control. You will need the TG410 if you wish to use this in the future.
Engines normally use just a high temperature sensor that is used by the engine / generator controller to shut down the motor if it over heats. AURORA adds an additional temperature sending unit so you can read the temperature and the controller can log warning levels and failures. VDO is a leader engine temperature sensors and is the manufacture of choice for AURORA generators temperature monitoring.
Coolant Level Sensor
Engine temperature sending units and sensors are supposed to detect overheating. If coolant levels are low or missing, they do not work. This is why AURORA also uses a coolant level sensor to sense the loss of coolant and shut down the engine if necessary. The controller will log the event and let you take corrective action. Refill any missing coolant and the sensor will return to normal state.
Oil pressure is an important factor in the longevity of an engine. Oil pressure ensures that the metal parts moving in the engine, never touch each other. An oil pressure switch is standard on every engine/generator. Should oil pressure ever be lost, the engine controller will shut down the motor.
For some installations, customers may be required to keep track and log the actual oil pressure. For this, another optional oil pressure sending until is available. Knowing the actual oil pressure will help you know if the engine has warmed up, oil is flowing as it should, filters are not plugged, oil is breaking down or engine wear is happening and service is required.
Aurora fuel tanks have a fuel level sensor installed. The controller can display a warning when the fuel level is low. The generator can be set to shut down before its empty. Shutting down before it is empty helps prevent difficult starting caused by air that enters the fuel pump and fuel injectors.
The generator controller monitors the power generated by the alternator. From the output voltage, it can determine the engine speed in rpm, alternator frequency and voltage output are correct. If they start to fall outside of set normal ranges, it will warn you and log it for future reference. Any critical errors will cause the generator to safely shut down.
TG350 Standard Generator Controller
TG410 Optional Upgrade
|Operating Voltage||5.5 to 38 VDC continuous.
Cranking dropouts to 0VDC
for 50mS, also meets SAEJ1113-11
|Standby Current Draw||50 MA|
|Protection||Reverse battery & overload protected|
|Operating Temperature||-40c - + 70c (-40 - +158F)|
|Vibration and Shock||Meets or exceeds SAEJ1455|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility||Meets or exceeds MIL-STD-461E Conducted Emissions|
|Configurable Switched Inputs||5|
|Configurable Switched Outputs||4|
This generator uses a small and compact yet powerful four-cylinder diesel engine from Perkins. Perkins engines offer exceptional performance and long life. Perkins engines are radiator cooled, slow turning engines that can run full or part-time. Perkins engines require less oil, air, and fuel filter changes (every 500 hours depending on load factor). The low fuel consumption and ultra-compact engine offer all the customer benefits experienced from larger engine sizes. The engine has a proven record and has been in use worldwide for many years in providing power for homes, business and construction equipment.
|Model Number||Perkins 404D-22G|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Bore and Stroke||84 x 100 mm (3.3in x 3.9in)|
|Cooling System||Water Cooled|
|Coolant Capacity||7.0 liters (1.8 US gals)|
|Oil Capacity||10.6 liters (2.8 US gals)|
|Oil and Filter Changes||500 Hours depending on load factor.|
|Alternator||65 Amp DC|
|Starter Battery||850 CCA|
|Perkins Engine Warranty||2 Year 3000 Hour - 5 Year Optional|
Aurora industrial class alternators are highly reliable and produce clean, stable power even in harsh conditions. Automatic Voltage Regulated to 0.5% precision. The alternator is brushless and requires no maintenance. The generator head is directly driven by a heavy engine flywheel. The large rotating mass helps to reduce fluctuations in power when heavy loads are applied.
|Type||Brushless Automatic Voltage Regulated|
|Rated Output||240 Volt Single Phase 20,000 Watts|
Integrated 45 Litre / 12 Gallon fuel tank helps to simplify installation and reduce generator footprint. A mechanical fuel gauge is used for quick viewing and a digital fuel level sensor is monitored by the generator controller.
AURORA offers a few fuel tank options.
- Day Tank - Internal 45 Litre / 12 Gallon (Included)
- Sub Base - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon Tank
- Standalone - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Double Wall Tank
- Standalone - 1100 Litre / 250 Gallon UL Double Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 225 Litre / 50 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
Standard options for AGi9P, AGi13P and AGi20P series generators
|TG410 Controller Upgrade||$149.00 USD||$190.00 CDN|
|Current Load Sensing||$179.00 USD||$229.00 CDN|
|Battery Charger||$176.00 USD||$225.00 CDN|
|Coolant Block Heater||$185.00 USD||$235.00 CDN|
|Remote Monitoring||$635.00 CDN|
|Wireless Remote Control||$230.00 USD||$295.00 CDN|
|Solar Battery Charger||$63.95 USD||$81.00 CDN|
|Battery Cables (OEM)||$32.00 USD||$40.00 CDN|
|4" Riser Feet||$155.00 USD||$193.00 CDN|
|Spare Perkins OEM Filters||Click for Perkins Filters||Click for Perkins Filters|