Standby Diesel Generators
Clean Quiet Compact Diesel Standby Generators
Aurora Standby Generators are uniquely designed to provide the most reliable power during an outage. Powered by new Perkins clean diesel technology engines they are guaranteed to outperform and outlast all traditional home standby generators.
Standby generators for homes are available in 8,000 watt to 30,000 watt in power. When used with an automatic transfer switch they can operate fully automatic, and unattended. Aurora Generators are available with a large capacity fuel tanks and even remote monitoring and control if needed.
- Advanced generator controller for fully automatic or manual operation.
- Compatible with off-grid systems and all two wire start automatic transfer switches.
- Sound attenuated canopy enclosures for outdoor use with silenced exhaust system
- Includes receptacles and integral fuel tank for standalone operation or fixed full time home use.
- All stainless steel fasteners
- Lockable doors
- Engine and Alternator installed vibration isolators
- Powered by Perkins diesel engines
- High capacity starter battery
- Brushless maintenance free alternator / generator
- Easy installation - includes main breaker and terminals for load connections
Standby Generator Comparison
|Standby Power||8 kW||10 kW||13 kW||20 kW|
|Displacement||0.51 L (31in³)||1.13 L||1.50 L||2.20 L|
|Current @ 240 Volts
Current @ 120 Volts
|Dimensions||45”x 29”x 32”||57" x 33" x 40"||57" x 33" x 40"||57" x 33" x 40"|
Generator Controller - Features & Functions
For clear generator instrumentation, protection and control, this generator uses a DynaGen TG350 Controller.
Controller Main Features
- Designed for Extreme Shock and Vibration
- Easy to use front panel buttons
- Manual or Automatic Starting
- Exerciser Clock
- Maintenance Counter
- Passcode Protected
- Automatic shutdowns and warnings
- Pre-heat and post-heat timers
- 150 Event Log
- Fuel level display and alarm
- Voltage display and alarm
- Simple two-wire auto start - Easily connect to remote start using a transfer switch, off-grid power inverters, controllers or remote starters
- Auto start on low battery and/or other sensors
- Front panel trim feature for sensor adjustments
- 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Load Monitoring (TG410 Model Only)
There are two versions of this controller. The TG350 is included. The TG410 is an optional upgrade. With the TG410, current sensors can be used to monitor generator loads/power consumption. One other feature is the "Can Bus" port. Like a vehicles ODBII connector, it lets you communicate with the generator for remote monitoring and control. You will need the TG410 if you wish to use this in the future.
Engines normally use just a high temperature sensor that is used by the engine / generator controller to shut down the motor if it over heats. AURORA adds an additional temperature sending unit so you can read the temperature and the controller can log warning levels and failures. VDO is a leader engine temperature sensors and is the manufacture of choice for AURORA generators temperature monitoring.
Coolant Level Sensor
Engine temperature sending units and sensors are supposed to detect overheating. If coolant levels are low or missing, they do not work. This is why AURORA also uses a coolant level sensor to sense the loss of coolant and shut down the engine if necessary. The controller will log the event and let you take corrective action. Refill any missing coolant and the sensor will return to normal state.
Oil pressure is an important factor in the longevity of an engine. Oil pressure ensures that the metal parts moving in the engine, never touch each other. An oil pressure switch is standard on every engine/generator. Should oil pressure ever be lost, the engine controller will shut down the motor.
For some installations, customers may be required to keep track and log the actual oil pressure. For this, another optional oil pressure sending until is available. Knowing the actual oil pressure will help you know if the engine has warmed up, oil is flowing as it should, filters are not plugged, oil is breaking down or engine wear is happening and service is required.
Aurora fuel tanks have a fuel level sensor installed. The controller can display a warning when the fuel level is low. The generator can be set to shut down before its empty. Shutting down before it is empty helps prevent difficult starting caused by air that enters the fuel pump and fuel injectors.
The generator controller monitors the power generated by the alternator. From the output voltage, it can determine the engine speed in rpm, alternator frequency and voltage output are correct. If they start to fall outside of set normal ranges, it will warn you and log it for future reference. Any critical errors will cause the generator to safely shut down.
TG350 Standard Generator Controller
TG410 Optional Upgrade
|Operating Voltage||5.5 to 38 VDC continuous.
Cranking dropouts to 0VDC
for 50mS, also meets SAEJ1113-11
|Standby Current Draw||50 MA|
|Protection||Reverse battery & overload protected|
|Operating Temperature||-40c - + 70c (-40 - +158F)|
|Vibration and Shock||Meets or exceeds SAEJ1455|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility||Meets or exceeds MIL-STD-461E Conducted Emissions|
|Configurable Switched Inputs||5|
|Configurable Switched Outputs||4|
Aurora Standby Generators use Perkins engines. Perkins engines offer exceptional performance and long life. Perkins engines are radiator cooled, slow turning engines that can run full or part-time. Perkins engines require less oil, air, and fuel filter changes (every 500 hours depending on load factor). The low fuel consumption and ultra-compact engine offer all the customer benefits experienced from larger engine sizes. The engine has a proven record and has been in use worldwide for many years in providing power for homes, business and construction equipment.
Aurora industrial class alternators are highly reliable and produce clean, stable power even in harsh conditions. Automatic Voltage Regulated to 0.5% precision. The alternator is brushless and requires no maintenance. The generator head is directly driven by a heavy engine flywheel. The large rotating mass helps to reduce fluctuations in power when heavy loads are applied.
AURORA Acoustic Weather Enclosure is uniquely designed to be strong, compact, aesthetically pleasing and to reduce noise while maintaining proper ventilation.
- All Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Corrosion resistant galvanized steel construction
- Tough neutral grey power coated finish
- Acoustic foam insulated to help absorb sound and reduce vibrations
- Hinged and lockable doors with weather stripping
Integrated 45 Litre / 12 Gallon fuel tank helps to simplify installation and reduce generator footprint. A mechanical fuel gauge is used for quick viewing and a digital fuel level sensor is monitored by the generator controller.
AURORA offers a few fuel tank options.
- Day Tank - Internal 45 Litre / 12 Gallon (Included)
- Sub Base - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon Tank
- Standalone - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Double Wall Tank
- Standalone - 1100 Litre / 250 Gallon UL Double Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 225 Litre / 50 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank