13 kW Diesel Generator | OPEN
Popular choice for Home, Cottage, Business, Commercial and Off-Grid Applications
Take the weather-resistant canopy enclosure off our 13,000 watt home diesel generator, and you have this "OPEN" version. This open type cost less and is better suited for use in areas that protected from rain and snow.
Features and Benefits
- Designed for full and part-time applications
- Compact high-efficiency Perkins liquid cooled engine with comprehensive warranty Low fuel consumption
- Brushless, automatic voltage regulated alternator matched to engine performance
- Full engine instrumentation and control using an advanced auto-start controller. Off-grid, remote monitoring and ATS compatible
- Rubber vibration isolator mounted
- Steel frame construction
- Includes silenced muffler, battery, cables, glow plugs, fuel tank, receptacles, main breaker and main load terminal connections
If you are installing a generator inside your own enclosure or building, you don't need our canopy enclosure. This is the same great generator but open in design. You will love the small footprint, big power and longer lasting design. AURORA puts a lot into it so we can guarantee it will outlast all traditional generators many times over.
Many of our customers want to power their homes during an outage but don't need to use heavy appliances until power is restored. This generator does just that and has enough reserve should you wish to use some heavy devices it is possible with some basic power conservation.
A clean, quiet and compact three-cylinder Perkins diesel engine powers this generator. Perkins engines can be used up to three weeks at a time before they require an oil change. The engine is radiator cooled and runs at 1800 RPM making it quieter than traditional gas generators and last over ten times longer.
There is no longer lasting gasoline, natural gas or propane generator that can compare. When you compare fuel and replacement costs of running a diesel generator to other types of generators, diesel is the least expensive and the most reliable option.
|Type||Diesel Standby Generator|
|Power Rating||13,000 Watt Standby
12,000 Watt Prime
|Standby Power Output||120 Volt @ 100 Amp
240 Volt @ 50 Amp
|Outputs||120 Volt | 15 Amp | Duplex | 5-15R
120 / 240 Volt | 30 Amp | Twist Lock | L14-30
Main load terminal connections
|Alternator||Brushless with Automatic Voltage Regulator|
|Engine||Perkins | 403D-15G | 3 Cylinder | 1.5 litres|
|Instrumentation||Illuminated Auto-start controller | DynaGen TG350|
|Dimensions||57" x 33" x 40"|
|Maintenance Intervals||Oil changes - 500 hours|
|Approvals||CSA / EPA|
AURORA Generators are controlled by the INDUSTRY'S TOUGHEST CONTROLLERS, DynaGen controllers. They are designed for extreme shock and vibration, user-friendly packed with features and user-configurable from the panel keys or by free software for a personal computer.
Features & Benefits
- Built tough for extreme shock and vibration
- Simple to operate
- Set to manual start or full automatic modes
- 150 Event Log
- Can be field programmed by using menu buttons or free software and USB cable
- User programmable timers for exercise, pre-heating and maintenance
- User set password protection for programming menu
- Compatible with all two-wire starting systems, transfer switches or remotes
- Automatic shutdowns and warnings
- Display and monitor fuel level, voltage, temperature, coolant level, oil, frequency, rpm, power and more.
- Front panel trim feature for sensor adjustments
- Switched outputs for alarms, generator run, warning and failures
- 5 Year manufacturer warranty
- TG410 Auto Start Controller 052914 Spec Sheet
- TG410 User Manual R6.0
- TG350 User Manual R6.0
- RapidCore® Configuration Software 220.127.116.11
- TOUGH Series® J1939 Reference Manual R5.0
- TOUGH Series® Modbus Reference Manual R4.0
- TG410 Typical Wiring Diagram with RelayPak R3.0
This generator uses a small and compact yet powerful four-cylinder diesel engine from Perkins. Perkins engines offer exceptional performance and long life. Perkins engines are radiator cooled, slow turning engines that can run full or part-time. Perkins engines require less oil, air, and fuel filter changes (every 500 hours depending on load factor). The low fuel consumption and ultra-compact engine offer all the customer benefits experienced from larger engine sizes. The engine has a proven record and has been in use worldwide for many years in providing power for homes, business and construction equipment.
|Model Number||Perkins 403D-15G|
|Number of cylinders||3|
|Bore and Stroke||84 x 100 mm (3.3in x 3.9in)|
|Cooling System||Water Cooled|
|Coolant Capacity||6.0 L (1.59 gal US)|
|Oil Capacity||6.0 L (1.59 gal US)|
|Oil and Filter Changes||500 Hours depending on load factor.|
|Starter Battery||850 CCA|
|Perkins Engine Warranty||2 Year 3000 Hour - 5 Year Optional|
Aurora industrial class alternators are highly reliable and produce clean, stable power even in harsh conditions. Automatic Voltage Regulated to 0.5% precision. The alternator is brushless and requires no maintenance. The generator head is directly driven by a heavy engine flywheel. The large rotating mass helps to reduce fluctuations in power when heavy loads are applied.
|Rated Power Output||20.0 kW Standby | 18.0 kW Prime|
|Type||Single Phase | Brushless | 4 Poll | Automatic Voltage Regulated|
|Approvals||I EC60034,NEMA MG1-32,IS08528,CSA C22.2-100， VDE 0530，GB755|
|Voltage Regulation AVR Model VR301||±0.5%|
|THD||No load < 1.5%|
|Altitude||<= 1000 Meters|
|Weight||124 kG | 273.4 lb|
- Large capacity fuel tank
- Solar powered battery charger
- AC powered battery charger
- Block Heater
Generator Videos - Learn More
Integrated 45 Litre / 12 Gallon fuel tank helps to simplify installation and reduce generator footprint. A mechanical fuel gauge is used for quick viewing and a digital fuel level sensor is monitored by the generator controller.
AURORA offers a few fuel tank options.
- Day Tank - Internal 45 Litre / 12 Gallon (Included)
- Sub Base - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon Tank
- Standalone - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Double Wall Tank
- Standalone - 1100 Litre / 250 Gallon UL Double Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 225 Litre / 50 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank