16 kVA | 3 Phase Diesel Generator
Aurora Compact Diesel Generators - Powered by Perkins Engines
Aurora is your Canadian and American supplier of new industrial diesel-powered generators. Our unique design is smaller, lighter and a less expensive alternative to big, heavy and bulky designs many just don't want to pay extra for.
GENERATOR SET SPECIFICATIONS
|Power||16 kVA Standby Generator
60 Hz., 1800 RPM Liquid Cooled
|Sound Level||68 dB @ 23 Feet|
|Dimensions L x W x H||57" x 33" x 40"|
|Engine||Made in the USA|
|Approvals||CSA SPE-1000 / EPA|
- Steel fabricated base frame - Powder coated finish
- Sound attenuated protective enclosure. Galvanized steel construction and powder coated finish
- Conduit Stub Ups Compatible
- Genset anti-vibration mounts for vibration isolation
- Perkins 4 Cylinder 404D-22G 2.2L Diesel Engine
- Maintenance Free Alternator - Automatic Voltage Regulated
- 12 Volt 850CCA Battery with rack and cables
- 65 Amp DC Charging Alternator
- Coolant Level Sensor
- Engine Temperature Sensor and Oil Sending Unit
- All Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Auto, Two-Wire, and Manual Starting ability.
- Advanced Generator controller by DynaGen
- Main Circuit Breaker
- Internal 45 Litre 12 Gallon Fuel Tank (larger tanks available)
- Automatic Voltage Regulated
- EZ Oil Drain Valve
- HD Chrome Lockable Door Handles
Generator Controller - Features & Functions
For clear generator instrumentation, protection and control, this generator uses a DynaGen TG350 Controller.
Controller Main Features
- Designed for Extreme Shock and Vibration
- Easy to use front panel buttons
- Manual or Automatic Starting
- Exerciser Clock
- Maintenance Counter
- Passcode Protected
- Automatic shutdowns and warnings
- Pre-heat and post-heat timers
- 150 Event Log
- Fuel level display and alarm
- Voltage display and alarm
- Simple two-wire auto start - Easily connect to remote start using a transfer switch, off-grid power inverters, controllers or remote starters
- Auto start on low battery and/or other sensors
- Front panel trim feature for sensor adjustments
- 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Load Monitoring (TG410 Model Only)
There are two versions of this controller. The TG350 is included. The TG410 is an optional upgrade. With the TG410, current sensors can be used to monitor generator loads/power consumption. One other feature is the "Can Bus" port. Like a vehicles ODBII connector, it lets you communicate with the generator for remote monitoring and control. You will need the TG410 if you wish to use this in the future.
Engines normally use just a high temperature sensor that is used by the engine / generator controller to shut down the motor if it over heats. AURORA adds an additional temperature sending unit so you can read the temperature and the controller can log warning levels and failures. VDO is a leader engine temperature sensors and is the manufacture of choice for AURORA generators temperature monitoring.
Coolant Level Sensor
Engine temperature sending units and sensors are supposed to detect overheating. If coolant levels are low or missing, they do not work. This is why AURORA also uses a coolant level sensor to sense the loss of coolant and shut down the engine if necessary. The controller will log the event and let you take corrective action. Refill any missing coolant and the sensor will return to normal state.
Oil pressure is an important factor in the longevity of an engine. Oil pressure ensures that the metal parts moving in the engine, never touch each other. An oil pressure switch is standard on every engine/generator. Should oil pressure ever be lost, the engine controller will shut down the motor.
For some installations, customers may be required to keep track and log the actual oil pressure. For this, another optional oil pressure sending until is available. Knowing the actual oil pressure will help you know if the engine has warmed up, oil is flowing as it should, filters are not plugged, oil is breaking down or engine wear is happening and service is required.
Aurora fuel tanks have a fuel level sensor installed. The controller can display a warning when the fuel level is low. The generator can be set to shut down before its empty. Shutting down before it is empty helps prevent difficult starting caused by air that enters the fuel pump and fuel injectors.
The generator controller monitors the power generated by the alternator. From the output voltage, it can determine the engine speed in rpm, alternator frequency and voltage output are correct. If they start to fall outside of set normal ranges, it will warn you and log it for future reference. Any critical errors will cause the generator to safely shut down.
TG350 Standard Generator Controller
TG410 Optional Upgrade
|Operating Voltage||5.5 to 38 VDC continuous.
Cranking dropouts to 0VDC
for 50mS, also meets SAEJ1113-11
|Standby Current Draw||50 MA|
|Protection||Reverse battery & overload protected|
|Operating Temperature||-40c - + 70c (-40 - +158F)|
|Vibration and Shock||Meets or exceeds SAEJ1455|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility||Meets or exceeds MIL-STD-461E Conducted Emissions|
|Configurable Switched Inputs||5|
|Configurable Switched Outputs||4|
This generator uses a small and compact yet powerful four-cylinder diesel engine from Perkins. Perkins engines offer exceptional performance and long life. Perkins engines are radiator cooled, slow turning engines that can run full or part-time. Perkins engines require less oil, air, and fuel filter changes (every 500 hours depending on load factor). The low fuel consumption and ultra-compact engine offer all the customer benefits experienced from larger engine sizes. The engine has a proven record and has been in use worldwide for many years in providing power for homes, business and construction equipment.
|Model Number||Perkins 404D-22G|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Bore and Stroke||84 x 100 mm (3.3in x 3.9in)|
|Cooling System||Water Cooled|
|Coolant Capacity||7.0 liters (1.8 US gals)|
|Oil Capacity||10.6 liters (2.8 US gals)|
|Oil and Filter Changes||500 Hours depending on load factor.|
|Alternator||65 Amp DC|
|Starter Battery||850 CCA|
|Perkins Engine Warranty||2 Year 3000 Hour - 5 Year Optional|
Aurora industrial class alternators are highly reliable and produce clean, stable power even in harsh conditions. Automatic Voltage Regulated to 0.5% precision. The alternator is brushless and requires no maintenance. The generator head is directly driven by a heavy engine flywheel. The large rotating mass helps to reduce fluctuations in power when heavy loads are applied.
|Type||Brushless Automatic Voltage Regulated|
|Rated Output||240 Volt Single Phase 20,000 Watts|
AURORA Acoustic Weather Enclosure is uniquely designed to be strong, compact, aesthetically pleasing and to reduce noise while maintaining proper ventilation.
- All Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Corrosion resistant galvanized steel construction
- Tough neutral grey power coated finish
- Acoustic foam insulated to help absorb sound and reduce vibrations
- Hinged and lockable doors with weather stripping
Integrated 45 Litre / 12 Gallon fuel tank helps to simplify installation and reduce generator footprint. A mechanical fuel gauge is used for quick viewing and a digital fuel level sensor is monitored by the generator controller.
AURORA offers a few fuel tank options.
- Day Tank - Internal 45 Litre / 12 Gallon (Included)
- Sub Base - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon Tank
- Standalone - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Double Wall Tank
- Standalone - 1100 Litre / 250 Gallon UL Double Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 225 Litre / 50 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
- Mobile - 450 Litre / 100 Gallon UL Mobile Fuel Tank
Standard options for AGi9P, AGi13P and AGi20P series generators
|TG410 Controller Upgrade||$149.00 USD||$190.00 CDN|
|Current Load Sensing||$179.00 USD||$229.00 CDN|
|Battery Charger||$176.00 USD||$225.00 CDN|
|Coolant Block Heater||$185.00 USD||$235.00 CDN|
|Remote Monitoring||$635.00 CDN|
|Wireless Remote Control||$230.00 USD||$295.00 CDN|
|Solar Battery Charger||$63.95 USD||$81.00 CDN|
|Battery Cables (OEM)||$32.00 USD||$40.00 CDN|
|4" Riser Feet||$155.00 USD||$193.00 CDN|
|Spare Perkins OEM Filters||Click for Perkins Filters||Click for Perkins Filters|